General characteristics :
The dried Tamarind shall be:
- Obtained after removing the rind from the mature, ripe and dried fruit of Tamarindus indica.
- Free from live insects, visible mould fungus, rodent excreta, artificial colouring and polishing, obnoxious odour, deleterious substances and other impurities except to the extent provided under special characteristics.
Grade Specifications :
Grade designations and definition of quality of Dried Tamarind.
Special characteristics :
|Seed content percentage by weight (max)||35.0|
|Fibres percentage by weight (max.)||6.0|
|Rind percent by wt. (max.)||3.0|
|Insect damaged percent by wt. (max.)||2.0|
|Moisture percentage by weight (max.)||15.0|
Standard Packing :
The various packing which can be supplied in bulk packing are as follows.
- 20 Kg Tamarind Slab x 1 Pcs = 20 KG in Master Carton
- 5 Kg Tamarind Slab x 4 Pcs = 20 KG in Master Carton
- 25 Kg Tamarind loose packed in PP Bags
Quantity Stuffed in FCL :
20 FCL 18 to 22 M.Tons for Tamarind in bulk packing depending on the packing.
March to April
May to June